Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Thank You SBA and You Awesome FIS Girls!

I've gotten so much more from joining SBA than just access to training, racing and travel to new places.  I've learned so much about what really goes into being a successful athlete - from nutrition and conditioning, to mental and emotional preparedness.  Most importantly, I've truly experienced a strong and healthy team culture.  Throughout our travels, and our work outs, and our hard times, I've found a family like to other.  The SBA community helped with a very challenging transition - from small town Alaska to California.  Throughout the season, my SBA team has taught me acceptance, support and how to be a high level athlete.  These girls have helped me learn things I'll utilize long after I've run my last race.
SBA Womens FIS Team, Ohau, New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment